Committee Group: Lighting Science
|Statement of Purpose
This Committee is tasked with developing recommended calculations, procedures and tools for estimating contributions to nighttime skyglow from various end-uses of general illumination.
|Committee Scope Parameters
- Included subject matter: The scope includes spectral power distribution (SPD), light distribution, intensity, and related characteristics of how light enters the night sky, e.g., hours of use.
- Excluded subject matter: This committee does not cover downstream effects of the light emission such as brightness perception, color rendering, discomfort glare, circadian rhythm, or other health or environmental considerations.
|Consensus Body Interest Categories
- Producers: Generally speaking, producers are those who (or whose company) would stand to gain financial benefit from the sale of products or services that the document may affect.
Examples include: Light source, luminaire and/or lighting control manufacturers, related software producers.
- Consumers: Generally speaking, consumers are those directly affected through the specification or purchase of equipment that the document may affect.
Examples include: Astronomers, astronomical researchers.
- General Interest: Government regulatory, academic, general public, or any individual not covered in the above categories.
Examples include: Modelers, consultants, municipal governments.