MY IES Blogs

-From the Desk of the Executive Director- Once a year we try to organize what’s called a “fly-in” where leadership from the IES Board and Staff gather in Washington, DC to meet with other organizations, government agencies, government officials, and other interested parties. The group representing IES this year was larger than it was in previous years; consisting of… Lance Bennett , IES President Jennifer Jaques , IES Vice-President (President elect 2019-2020) Antonio Garza , IES At-Large Director (Vice-President 2019-2020) Tim Licitra , IES Executive Director Brian Liebel , IES Director of Standards and Research Mark Lien , IES Industry Relationship ...
0 comments
So you left lighting design? I did. But I didn't leave the principles behind. I've spent 8 years learning and describing the ways that light can be a(n).... formgiver communicator brand reinforcement  wayfinding contributor task enabler productivity companion artistic expression mood influencer social cue... I love lighting design. I always will. However, the value of lighting is difficult to describe and defend. Enter, education . It is, and was, rewarding to educate clients about the importance of lighting in their work, play, and homes. As I moved from project to project, I realized that perhaps, I could make an impact on a bigger scale. ...
0 comments
-From the Desk of the Executive Director- Have you seen it? Doesn’t it look great?! Over the course of the last few months, our hardworking team has dedicated quite a bit of time toward refreshing the look and feel of LD+A . As one of our most valued member services, this redesign is a natural extension of the other changes taking place at the IES. This is the fifth redesign that has occurred under Paul Tarricone , LD+A’s Editor and Publisher. While the transformation of the magazine’s aesthetic over the years might be the most obvious change, the main focus will always be ensuring a positive reading experience. “Consuming content is ...
1 comment
-From the Desk of the Executive Director- Welcome to your new My IES! My IES has been designed and implemented to improve your member experience. Our goal is to improve the user experience of our website by creating an online atmosphere that is easy to navigate and becomes a one-stop-shop for all your IES involvement and engagement. Through your My IES you will have access to all the important aspects of your membership: renewing your membership; your robust membership profile; a digest of all of your committees and section activities, including dedicated discussion forums; new membership and speakers directories tied to individual member ...
1 comment